Monday, January 26, 2009

Armenian

Heathrow Airport. Stupidly getting past the immigration (I hadn't an idea of where my office was in London), and wrapping myself with as many a warm, I was recieved my an Indian looking cabbie. He held a placard of my name. His name was Anush. Of course, he was Indian. After hearing him speak a funny Hindi type language, I asked him 'Are you Indian?'. 'No, I am Armenian.' For no rhyme, I was delighted. I even told him that he was the first Armenian I met. My delight was infectious, i guess. He told me that there were many a Armenia born who are personalities. He gave me a Cher but Andre Agassi's name pulled out my neck. Don't remember the many others he named. The odd seeming Hindi was Russian, he said. We should have tipped him! Thanks to him, I looked up Armenia in the world map.

No comments:

Post a Comment